I have always been fascinated by the JFK assassination. The truth about that event is, to me, the Holy Grail of conspiracy theories rivalling even the Roswell crash. Indeed, one of my earliest, coherent childhood memories is of watching a black and white TV (with rabbit ear antenna) and being transfixed by the grainy images of large horses pulling some type of cart. My mother was sitting next to me and she was crying. In time, I came to understand that we had been watching JFK's funeral. The following story ("Two Men in A Window") is, in part, inspired by that memory as well as by an old newspaper article I happened to see while aimlessly surfing the web as I was waiting for an appointment. Although centered around a "real" historical event, this is wholeheartedly a work of fiction. The story intentionally blurs the lines between fact, speculation, documentary and the sheerest fancy. Additionally, and from a more philosophical standpoint, it suggests that imagin...
Comments
Post a Comment